It’s been a while since the last major update of Write!, and today we release Write! 1.11.0 which includes the update to payment model, some new features and a few minor fixes.
First, a major announcement about the Write! subscription model. You’ve been requesting it ever since Write! came out with Free and Pro versions and we announce that we’re moving away from monthly and yearly subscriptions and rolling out a one-time payment model called Write! Lifetime. This means no more recurring payments and subscriptions. You just pay $24.95 once and get the application forever.
Most current users will remain unaffected. If you’ve been using the yearly subscription to Write! or the monthly subscription for over five months, your account is automatically switched to Write! Lifetime. Enjoy your new digs!
If you’ve been using Write! for under five months, you will continue being charged for the monthly subscription until the five month point has been reached, and then you are switched to Lifetime as well.
With this latest version, we’ve also decided to start updating users on the all bug fixes, features and workflow improvements with every update of Write!. With that being said, here are some updates from this release:
What’s new in Write! 1.11.0:
- Ctrl+` when Write! is in the background will now bring up Write! on top, instead of minimizing it;
- Added recently closed documents functionality and a shortcut to open the last closed tab: Ctrl/⌘+Shift+T;
- New icons in the preset panel;
- List processing reworked to remove several issues and improve overall experience;
- Spellchecker fixes: the way dictionaries load has been refactored, so it’s faster; pasted links are no longer marked as incorrect, and a visual bug has been fixed;
- Tab activation issues during document sync and after document deletion;
- Scrolling area was broaden to the whole app’s window;
- A bug where opening documents from the Cloud Panel with search enabled caused the search term to be highlighted;
- App no longer crashes when trying to launch another instance of it;
- Fixed the issue with color palette when switching between light and dark themes;
- ‘Hide Write!’ in the context menu was fixed;
- ‘Quit and Save As’ removed as a menu option;
- Other minor bug fixes.
Enjoy using the new and improved Write!. If you’ve got questions or feedback about this latest update, drop us a line at firstname.lastname@example.org