Hey, writers! Your scheduled Write! update is here. We’re adding some new functionality and fixing a few bugs.
Here’s what’s new in Write! 1.12.0:
- Ctrl+0 resets paragraph styles like headers, quote, emphasized, code, and list formatting to regular text;
- ‘Clear Formatting’ in the context menu resets text formatting like bold, light, italic, underlined, strikethrough, upper case and lower case;
- Folding text under headings is now available in its own context menu. Right-click next to a header to open it;
- ‘Show folding markers’ option has been added to Settings. They will always be displayed with this setting enabled, and only shown upon hover when disabled;
- You can now place unanchored hotlinks. Press Ctrl+Space and input your link into the Hyperlink field;
- Fixed the bug with text selecting inside lists;
- Fixed text entry issue after pressing Tab key while renaming document;
- Fixed Cloud connection issues on Mac clients;
- Other minor bug fixes.
Alternatively, you can go to your Account (you need to be logged in), navigate to the Download tab, and get the latest version for your OS there.
As always, we eagerly await your feedback on our UserVoice page.
6 TED Talks That Will Expand Your Mind and Make You a Better WriterTED is amazing resource for people in all walks of life. At any time, you can access talks from people with unique perspective and insight, and draw from knowledge attained by experts in any field. In this post, we're taking ...
From Clay Tablets to the Word Processor: How Writing Tech Evolved Over TimeAs daily users of text processors of all types, there's an unbelievable amount of features and functions that we take for granted. Imagine your life without spellchecker. Now imagine typing without automatic line breaks. Now imagine typing, and not seeing ...